Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I wanna make a movie

I don't know what it is about me, but I've got the urge to go out and shoot a movie. Maybe it's because of the ScreenWriting bundle for TextMate I discovered today and wanna make use of it, maybe it's ‘cause I've been reading Kevin Smith's Wikipedia bio today (because, thanks to my friend Andrea, I'm gonna get to attend a live taping of The Hour, and tomorrow's show is featuring the ever-so-brilliant Kevin Smith, who I'm a huge fan of! I really hope I get to meet him!) and I yearn to do something like that (I used to do video stuff in high school, but after I left, the Web really took over my interests almost completely), or maybe I've gotten bored of what I'm doing now and feel like doing something new.

I don't know exactly what it'll be about, but I know it will have a video component. An installation of some sort, perhaps? Short film? Not really sure. I need to find out a *bit* more before I start it. Conveniently, Late Fragment is being shown this Saturday as part of Nuit Blanche, so maybe that'll help me better understand what I want. I've been wanting to do something like this for a while, and I think it's finally about time I did so. I'm sure my friends like Brian Hogg and Gabe Sawhney will be able to help me out in giving me advice on how to go about things, since they've got plenty more experience doing this sort of thing than I ever have. Although, someone once told me that passion is the most important thing to have in what you do, and I've got plenty of it. I do things because I like to do them; it doesn't feel like a chore to to me. I just need a clearer vision of what I want—something I seem to lack often times.

Technorati Tags: , ,

No comments: